This is my go-to spot in Griffith Park when I’m looking to impress visitors AND avoid all the tourists at the Observatory. It’s not so much of a hike as it is a leisurely stroll through the park.
You’ll probably still encounter people, but it’s a short trek up a mostly-paved path and you’ll still get an iconic view of LA’s most popular landmarks, including the Hollywood Sign.
As you see in the video, it’s a pretty amazing sight at dusk.
SCREENSHOT THIS: Very short hike with Stunning view in Griffith Park
- Distance: .8 miles round trip
- Parking: Get as close as possible to Western Canyon and Mt. Observatory roads – right next to the tunnel. Parking along the main access roads to the Observatory now costs $4/hr, but free parking is available around other areas of the park.
- Difficulty: 🌮 out of 5
- Step-By-Step Instructions:
- Walk straight up the paved Mt. Hollywood Drive for .4 miles.
- You’ll see a dirt path veering off to the left onto a very obvious lookout point.
- Walk out until you find a comfortable spot and pop a squat!
Comments RSS Feed