Beaches, cities, suburbs and mountains all in one view.
The Parker Mesa Overlook lets you grasp the vastness and diversity of LA’s landscape. You can see the whole basin from the ocean to the San Gabriel mountains with the skylines of Century City and DTLA in between.
The hike, which begins at Trippet Ranch in Topanga State Park, follows a dirt fire road through the Santa Monica Mountains.
SCREENSHOT THESE DIRECTIONS: Hike to Parker Mesa Overlook from Trippet Ranch
- Trailhead Address: 20828 Entrada Rd, Topanga, CA 90290
- Parking: $10 to park past the entrance, but there is FREE street parking on Entrada Rd. before you enter.
- Distance: 6.8 miles round-trip
- Difficulty: 🌮🌮🌮🌮 out of 5
- Step-By-Step Instructions:
- Start in the Trippet Ranch parking lot. If the bathrooms are on your left, the trailhead begins at the top right corner of the lot.
- Head up this path (sticking to the right up the hill) for a quarter mile until you reach a T junction with trail signs, then turn right for Parker Mesa Overlook.
- Follow the trail towards the ocean for 2.8 miles, at which point you’ll reach another trail marker for Parker Mesa Overlook.
- Continue for another half-mile until you reach the benches & overlook.